Job Opportunites With Family Abuse Services
If you're interested in working with our agency please read the following job openings!
Position Title: Housing Search and Placement Manager
Reports To: Director of Community Housing
Hours: 20hr per week
Family Abuse Services is seeking a part-time Housing Search and Placement Manager. The Housing Search and Placement Manager will work closely with the FAS community housing department, Hope Housing, and the Director of Community Housing in creating, implementing and maintaining landlord outreach, recruitment, and engagement. Reduces housing barriers for individuals and families who are ready for permanent housing, but have difficulty meeting landlord criteria due to financial, legal or criminal history.
This position will be responsible for building ongoing and sustainable relationships with potential landlord partners, property management companies, apartment associations, and other target groups to market housing program to potential landlords. Search for and identify housing opportunities within the community. Coordinate with and convene housing specialists at homeless service partner agencies. Assist in creating and sharing marketing materials as it relates to affordable housing and homeless services providers in that community. Create and regularly update a rental unit inventory database or spreadsheet to track information about housing options. Establish a process for information sharing about housing options with case managers, program participants, and/or other housing programs. Regularly follow up and communicate with partnering landlords and housing service providers in that community, to ensure satisfaction with the program and organization. Educate staff, housing partners, clients and community members on local housing resources. Act as an advocate for homeless housing programs
Position benefits include: paid holidays, retirement program, and access to free counseling services.
Although Family Abuse Services of Alamance County, located within the Family Justice Center, is tasked with planning and coordinating domestic and intimate partner violence services and prevention education across Alamance County, North Carolina, this position will be housed in a satellite office and will not work directly with clients of FAS.
For more information about Family Abuse Services of Alamance County, please visit:
Applicant Instructions: Please email your resume, cover letter and three references to:
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Experience working with and recruiting landlords
Comfort collaborating with people of varying socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
Experience working with underserved population preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent organizational skills
· Attention to detail a must
· Ability to work independently with moderate supervision using problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communications and working knowledge of basic applicable technology
· Demonstrated skills in working in a team
· Commitment to issues of homelessness and barriers contributing to those experiencing it.
· Applicant should assist clients without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders.
· Primary contact for rapid rehousing with a five county radius
· Build ongoing and sustainable relationships with potential landlord partners, property management companies, apartment associations, and other target groups to market housing program to potential landlords.
· Search for and identify housing opportunities within the community
· Create and regularly update a rental unit inventory database or spreadsheet to track information about housing options.
· Act as an advocate for homeless housing programs
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Housing
Company's Facebook page:
Waiting period may apply